Sunday, March 1, 2020

December Pocket Page #1


I took the In the Pocket class from Scrapbook and Cards Today in 2019,
with a two-page spread for each month of the year. I kept up through 
October and then lost it, but I've now caught up!

While the right-hand page will be about Christmas, this side is about things that 
happened in December that weren't Christmas-related. I chose to include some
photos of Kodiak before and after the tons of snow we've had. I was dogsitting
the little dog playing in the snow, and had to document her joy!
The two smaller photos are of downtown Seattle's Snowflake Lane 
festivities and the 50th wedding anniversary party of some friends.

Each month I include a card that documents what I was doing -
Reading, Watching, Listening, Eating, Going.

I tried to keep in mind some of the principles of pocket pages that I 
learned in the class. One was the use of color based on the colors in
the photos, and being consistent across pages. This page has a lot of white 
and blue, while the second page will have a lot of red, so I used pops of red 
on this layout. Another principle is consistency of embellishments and fonts.
I used stars on both pages, and also phrase stickers with a consistent font
and gold stripes.

#calvinball2020 This month I'm participating in ScrapHappy's Calvinball
in which you make as many layouts as you can and collect points for following
the "rules,' which change daily! It's tons of fun and I get lots done!


No comments:

Post a Comment