Friday, March 15, 2019

These Chairs Tell a Story


These two chairs, although 60 years apart, are connected by great family stories.
The bentwood rocker was a Christmas present for my daughter from my aunts in 1980.
Her brother, who was about 3 at the time, banged on it with pipe fittings, leaving marks all over it.
Maddening at the time, but always a good story!

I was visiting one of those aunts in the early 2000s when I noticed the little wooden chair, which I'd never seen before. She said it had been hers when she was a little girl in the early 1920s. I asked her about the black circles and marks on the chair, and she told me that her brother (my father!) had played with his chemistry set on it. 

Two chairs, similar stories, family lore.

All paper is from Bo Bunny's Heritage collection.
Alphas - Bo Bunny and EK Success
Brads - Bo Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment