Monday, March 4, 2019

February: Anchorage Feb. 5 - 22



I'm exploring Project Life! I've tried using this approach to scrapbooking a couple of times in the past, but I wasn't super happy with the results. I saw that Scrapbook and Cards Today was offering a year-long class called In the Pocket, and I signed up right away! This month's topic is Color, and Meghan Andrews' lesson really made a difference for me!

Lots of blue...
...and some red, too.
 There was a lot of blue in my photos, so I decided to go with that as my main color - the "gallon" color! There was some red as well, and it is complementary to blue, so that became the "quart" color. My "pint" color is gold, as I thought the layouts could use a bit of bling, and since the Alaskan sky is full of stars in the winter! To counterbalance all of that bold color, I used a lot of white as a neutral.



I live on Kodiak Island, Alaska, but I spent a good part
of the month in Anchorage, house/dog sitting for friends that went to Hawaii - now they had the right idea! My photos are highlights of my time there - from moose in the neighborhood, to frigid walks with little Snickers, to seeing the sled dog races go right by the house, to visiting with the adorable new baby of some friends, to going up to Palmer to see my grandsons wrestle. Each month I like to document the books I've read and the movies I see, and this time I also went to the museum and an Alaskan Native art collection. (And needless to say, I hit up every store that carries paper crafting materials!)

I'm really happy with how this month's layouts turned out. I've come a long way, and it's only been two months! I'm excited to see what comes in March and all the months beyond!

Paper - Bazzill and Pinkfresh Studio
Alphas - Basic Grey, Pinkfresh, and Stickopotmus
Library Pockets - Fancy Pants
Star Punches - Martha Stewart
Puffy Stars - Elle's Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment