Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Unexpected Reunion

 


I'm working on Heritage albums for my kids, and while I'm sad that there aren't
pictures of my parents as youngsters, and hardly any of my grandparents, 
I'm happy and grateful that my parents kept as many photos, newspaper articles,
wedding invitations, etc. as they could.

This layout documents my Uncle Robert's Army time during World War II.
He signed up in April of 1942 and went overseas in November.
The newspaper articles tell of his surprising reunion with his brother in Italy, 
and of his getting "slightly wounded," according the the telegram my aunt received.

All of the background is old and unidentified paper from my stash.
The title alphas are from Bo Bunny, and the embellishments are from 
the Simple Stories Hero collection.

Today I started a month of Calvinball, a scrapbooking challenge from Scraphappy.
It's a crazy month of following rules that change daily. The rules I followed today 
in the layout are: green, dates, memorabilia, airplane, and gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment