Saturday, March 6, 2021

Birthday Cards


I have some friends with birthdays coming up soon, and it was Altenew Day in my craft room!

For the first card I used Altenew's Craft-a-Flower Tulip Layering Die Set. This is a die set that gives you 3 layers for the flowers and two layers for the leaves and produces an amazing effect. It's like stamp layering but with dies so they have dimension! They are fairly easy to line up, and once you've done it, it's a snap! (There is a layering guide, which is helpful.) You can vary the colors, of course, since tulips come in all wonderful shades.

I also used the matching Gradient Cardstock, which comes in color sets of a small size (3x6), perfect for die cutting. The card base, with white on the inside, was from Hero Arts, but unfortunately isn't available anymore. The sentiment is a Scripty Saying from Lawn Fawn.

My second card was modeled after one by Laurie Willison in an Altenew blog. I white heat embossed the flowers (from a very old and unidentified stamp set) on white cardstock and then blended Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks: Tattered Rose and Spiced Marmalade. (Yes, believe it or not, that's a pink background; poor lighting when I took the picture!) I cut that piece into strips of varying sizes and mounted them with foam tape on a card base. Such a lovely design! The sentiment is the layered Sentiment Suite die from Pinkfresh Studio. (For fun I dotted on the 'i" with a tiny pink enamel heart!)

If you haven't already discovered Altenew, I hope you'll take a look. Their products are high quality and very beautiful, and their two blogs (for card makers and scrapbookers) are full of wonderful ideas and inspiration!

This month I'm participating in ScrapHappy's Calvinball Challenge!
hashtag #calvinball2021  #scraphappy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment