Sunday, May 31, 2015

Scouts


I was a Girl Scout from 2nd grade through 8th, and I loved every minute of it!
Working on badges like campfire cooking, ice skating, and sewing taught me
things I’ve used my whole life. I went away to sleepaway camp a few times –
for a weekend when I was younger, for a week or two when I got older (Camp
Blue Bay in East Hampton, NY) – I remember crying when we had to get on
the bus and go home. We marched in the Memorial Day parade, made sit-upons,
and celebrated special times. In this picture we were doing a play based
on the history of our town – Glen Cove, NY. I remember most
of those girls with great fondness.

Layout inspired by scrapbook.steals.com's Mid Week Mojo sketch. All of the paper. embellishments, 
and alphas are from Bo Bunny's Heritage and Somewhere in Time collections.


No comments:

Post a Comment