Monday, December 22, 2014

Harbor Lights

Yet another calendar page for a friend

I started a second calendar for another friend's Christmas present, and used the sketch from scrapbooksteals' Mid Week Mojo sketch challenge as the base for this December page. I just love the tree design, and I didn't really alter the basic sketch in any way. We live in a fishing community in Alaska and each year the boats in the harbor decorate for Christmas; on the Saturday night before Christmas people come to walk the docks and vote for their favorite, as well as enjoy hot chocolate and caroling. The photo shows one of the boats – Santa is there, with 8 salmon pulling a skiff-sleigh. Hard to see, but there are antlers on the salmon, and "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Salmon" is in the lead! Some of the paper came from the Paper Studio's Calendar Kit, and I cut the title and embellishments on my Cricut. Sparkle was provided by Stickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment