Friday, June 27, 2014

Create Something Today - Old Produce Hanger Becomes Stamp Storage

 A quick and easy "repurposing"

I've had this hanging basket since who knows when - probably the 80s! I spray painted it orange to match other orange touches in the room; it took two coats. I hung it right over my craft table and put rubber stamps in it. The top basket holds the Christmas ones, since it's hard to reach and I only need them once a year. Some generic designs are in the middle basket, and the bottom one hold sentiments - birthday, thank you, congrats, and so on - as I use those all the time on cards. So happy I rescued it from the Donations box! And yes, you're right - I didn't use paper on this one.



*** Update***

I've since discovered that keeping my stamps in these baskets is a mistake - exposure to that much light and air can cause them to become dry and brittle over time. Fortunately, I found this out early on. Now my stamps are stored in Totally Tiffany Stamp and Supply Suitcases, and the baskets have been repurposed once again. Sea shells in the top, large ribbon remnants in the middle, and small albums in the bottom. (When the albums were in a drawer, I forgot I had them.) Win-win all the way around!



2 comments:

  1. Cool idea - wouldn't work for me so - way too much schtuff.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Those are just some of my wooden stamps. Most of my stamps are now clear acrylic, but I love the wood and I still buy them when I find them second hand.

      Delete